Tuesday, October 07, 2008

LOST!


It was the third day of Hari Raya. We brought the kids to 1 Utama to have lunch and later to jalan-jalan. Ryan wanted to find his Ultraman figurine, a specific type with 2 horns (I've forgoten the name already) but we couldn't find it at ToysRUs or Jusco. We then proceeded to have lunch at Canton-I.
After lunch, I wanted to buy some items from Guardian. I left the boys with papa at Speedy video shop as they wanted to look at some dvds. After a short while, I heard papa shouting 'Have you seen Jaden?' 'No, isn't he with you?'
I walked out of Guardian and saw Ryan, but Jaden was nowhere to be seen. The panic feeling started to seep in and I saw papa walking and running frantically up and down, asking people/guards if they have seen a little boy. My first instinct was to carry Ryan, to ensure that he's safe with me and to prevent him from running away. Many thoughts went through my mind including one with the possibility that Jaden has been abducted. Tears trickled down my cheeks and Ryan asked 'Mummy, why are you crying?' 'Oh no, I don't have didi to play with me anymore....'
Meanwhile, another kind mama, who's carrying her baby, helped to look for Jaden after obtaining some basic info on colour of clothing and age of Jaden. Thank you mama....
After a short while, I saw papa carrying Jaden. What a relief man..... Thank you Lord for finding Jaden and returning him to us!
Apparently, tis lil' wanderer of ours has wandered off from the video shop, walked pass Jusco supermarket, towards the direction of the hotel. A young couple brought the sobbing Jaden to the information counter outside Burger King and waited. The kind uncle was actually consoling Jaden when papa came to the rescue. Phew!
I wasn't really keeping the time but I would think all these happened in less than 20 minutes.
These are some tips I got from the internet as I was researching on ways to prevent children getting lost:
1. Put safe, easily accessible contact information on your child
2. Dress children in bright, special 'Away from Home' clothing
3. Carry a recent photo and description of each child
4. Teach your child to ask another mommy for help
5. Reinforce good behaviour

7 comments:

Annie Q said...

Oh dear!!! While i read this i got a fright. Lucky nothing happen to Jaden and he is safe, really glad to hear that.

etceteramommy said...

My heart was beating fast as I read! Glad he is okay. You gave some good suggestions. I must remember to slip daddy's namecard into my boy's pocket from now on.

Emily said...

oh this is scary!!! Praise Lord Jaden is safe!!!! There is this "Reusable Child ID Wristbands" where you can write your info on the back of the wristband. It will come useful when we are out n about. Check it out, if you can get it, let me know, I can buy for you. Check out the product at gltc.co.uk

Irene said...

mygawd. wen i read this, my tears wanna roll down di. shhhhhhit! nasib baik you guys found him! :)

sorry for my words. hehe. im a bit the "loud" but im nice.

thanks for dropping by over to my lil blog :)

LittleLamb said...

wow...thank God you found Jaden. I bet at that moment, you heart stop beating right? well if it was my son, i would...

Thanks for the tips.

Have a nice day

ZMM said...

Gosh.. luckily someone kind sent him to the information counter.

I can't imagine this happening to me.

*shudder*

nicole said...

Thank God!!!! My heart stopped for you reading this!!