1. No more Disposable Diapers
These cloth diapers were bought from an online store in Oz. I particularly like the itti bitti CDs because they are trim and very absorbent. I like to try different types of CDs on Jaden, like the Aqua snap-in AIO, Apple green fitted bitti boo, which comes with an inner of bamboo velour and bitti d'lish lime green CD which has a soft outer waterproof layer.
2. No more Disposable Wipes
Got this from the mail yesterday. The prints on the wipes are totally irresistable. Haven't used them yet but they felt extremely soft on the hands. Jaden has a liking on the dog wipe while Ryan loves the shark.
An email that I received from a friend shows the environmental impact of diapers are staggering:
- American babies use an average of 3,796 diapers before they are potty trained.
- It takes 950 gallons of oil, 715 pounds of plastic and 4.5 trees to make those 3,796 diapers.
- American children use a total of 18 billion disposable diapers each year - enough diapers to stretch around the earth 90 times.
- It could take 500 years or more for a disposable diaper to decompose.
Hmm...I sort of regretted that I didn't use CDs on Ryan's bum bum :(