Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Back to basics

Why o' why did I even bother buying any mama pads? It's the same question I've been asking myself when I started buying cloth diapers for Jaden. But it's so convenient to use disposables, so why not just continue using them? Because of the hesitance, I've deprived Ryan of the chance to experience the softest material - bamboo velour next to his bum bum.

I thought I would like to try using a bamboo velour mama pad too (so that I can feel how it feels like to be in Jaden's shoes...hehe) and since Mia Bambina carries the HomeMadeMama pads made in the USA, I thought I would give it a try. The other smaller pantyliner is from Lunapad, made in Canada. The how-to-use and washing instructions came in so many languages, including chinese characters, and I was somewhat impressed with these WAHMs. The pads are being prep washed now, so no product review yet.

I've also bought 2 more natural soaps - hopefully, natural soaps will replace all pumped liquid soaps used in the household in the future. Recently, I've received an email purporting that J&J baby lotions contain cancerous ingredients. This led me to research more on ingredients to avoid in our daily shampoos, body cleansers, lipstick, face cream, etc. And for the first time, I looked at the ingredients used in my daily body cleanser - oh my! so many chemicals....

I've also received another email saying that we shouldn't use the same sanitary pad for more than 3 hours, else cervical cancer will develop. Don't know how true...but all these prompted me to use more natural products.


4 comments:

etceteramommy said...

I seriously believe we're living in a world surrounded by chemicals :(

Are they expensive?

Annie Q said...

Wow..all back to basics! :)

Krystal said...

Yvonne, not so expensive...each in the range of RM40+

Tiny Tapir said...

the cervical cancer thing is a crazy myth. never heard of such thing and doubt any testing has been done as such otherwise our grandmothers and great grandmothers probably dropping dead here there and everywhere from cervical cancer.

Can't even think what kind of medical logic would be behind that little gem.