Thursday, July 05, 2007

Ryan's Little Transitions

As Ryan approaches 3 in 3 weeks time, mama would like to do some blogging on his transitions from the Terrible Two stage:

1. He can now actually sit through a meal, eating peacefully (thus giving papa & mama time to finish our meals too), unlike previously, when he had to run about all the time during lunch/dinner. Just like last week, during dinner at Souled Out, we happened to sit next to a couple with a young boy, who refused to sit quietly on his highchair. The mother pointed to Ryan and told his boy...see koko, so good boy, sit down and eat his dinner....I was secretly thinking...Hah! Ryan was like your boy too, last time...

2. He can now sleep much earlier, by 10 - 10.30pm, thanks to his normal kindie routine, which requires him to sleep early and wake up early. Previously, he like to sleep at 11.30 - 12am, which really frustrate us 'cos we don't get to do our own things...

3. He can now pee-pee and poo-poo by himself. He even told kakak...kakak, you go outside first, smelly, I ngm-ngm first...Previously, he refused to shit in the toilet but insisted to do his business in the diapers.

4. He can take shower/wash hair without much fuss. Previously, a little water down his face will send the lil' rascal crying like there's no-end.

5. He is more independent now, in terms of the things that he does. He insists that he feeds himself at times (even tho' mama really detests messiness :p). We can also leave him to swim/float by himself.

6. What really brings a smile to our faces is that he can alleviate a tensed situation. Just like the other day, papa and mama were having some disagreements over renovation works. Ryan, who was sitting with us, supposedly heard our conversation and said 'Papa/mama don't be angry' in the midst of our conversation and we were stunned for a while.

7. At times when we were down, especially when mama is moody, Ryan will ask 'Mama, why you angry?' I will explain the reasons and he'll try to cheer me up. Like on Monday, I came home from work and he told me that he broke a toy. I was tired and saw some broken wheels. I was furious that the maids left those broken pieces lying around, especially when it could be choking hazards to Jaden. Ryan sensed that I was angry and he tried to make me happy. He followed an action on TV and repeated 'You are so cool' with his lil' arms stretching outwards. It tickled my heart and made me laugh. Until today, whenever I'm angry, he'll do the same actions to make me happy....'Mama, you happy?' 'Yes..... I love you'




2 comments:

etceteramommy said...

They say a kid will bring both parent closer.. I guess it's true huh.. Well done Ryan!

nicole said...

aw.....i'm so touched to hear what ryan does....so loveable!