Monday, July 16, 2007

Invaders in Pangkor Island resort room


Over the weekend, papa had an ISACA Board meeting at Pangkor Island...so mama and the 2 boys also tagged along. We stayed at Pangkor Island Beach Resort for 3D2N. The deal was not bad considering that we travelled in a big group of 30+ including children. Children below 6 are FOC. But I'm sure papa had something to say about the BBQ seafood dinner on Saturday. The seafood BBQ only had fish and prawn and many other misc. - what a ripoff...haha!

The journey from KL to Lumut jetty was a pleasant one even though we nearly missed the ferry at 3.45pm 'cos we took quite a while to look for an 'open' restaurant at Sitiawan at 2+pm. (Obviously the Sitiawan people also practice siesta time, like the Greeks...aiseh).

Friday was rather uneventful (as compared to Saturday, which I will elaborate in a while). We reached the resort around 4.30pm and papa was actually quite tired from the driving. Ryan, the super-duracell boy, insisted that papa bring him to the pool immediately...and papa had to negotiate with him - that the sun is too hot lah, tired lah, etc... but Ryan finally got his way at around 5.30pm.

Saturday was jammed pack with meetings for papa, so mama had to entertain the kids. After breakfast, mama brought Ryan and Jaden to the pool. We swimmed for quite a while until 11am. To kill time, I also brought the kids to the Kid's Club. There weren't many activities there, except for T-shirt painting at that time, and Ryan and Jaden were much too young for that, so we left after a while, to have a short rest in the room, before joining papa and the gang for lunch at 12.30pm. As we walked back to the room, we were fascinated by some monkeys hanging around the balconies and roof top and as I was watching, I noticed a familiar packet being held by one of the monkeys. I panicked and ran back to the room. When I opened the door, I saw 2 monkeys in the room, scavenging our belongings, in particular foodstuff. I panicked again when I saw milk powder on the floor!! SH**! That is so important for my 2 boys! HOW HOW!

I calmed down, called house-keeping to send cleaners over to clean up the room and later, headed to the receptionist to ask for help. They told me I can either go to Pangkor town to get the milk or his staff can try to buy the milk for me from Lumut. With the latter, I'll have to wait for the next ferry to arrive, which was 2.45pm. I thought of waiting since the kids will be having their lunch soon and wouldn't be asking for their milk. Also they charge exorbitant fees for the return taxi to Pangkor town - RM30, which is like the cost of my milk!

I also found that there was an untouched milk powder for 1 feeding (8oz) in the plastic milk container (phew!). After lunch, the kids were tired and wanted to sleep. And they will always look for their nen-nen. We gave Ryan 4oz first - not enough, the boy asked for more - 2 more oz - not enough, Ryan cried for more again - another 2 oz and milk all gone. Jaden how???????? Solution : breast is best!!!!!!!! (Thank goodness I have not stop BF :p) After a short while, both boys were in zzzzzzzzz land. The milk finally arrived at around 4.45pm, as they missed the earlier ferry (tension only!)

Lesson learnt: MUST MUST remember to bang and lock the balcony door real hard. We actually closed the door but maybe didn't lock the door properly.

(We observed later that the monkeys actually climb from one balcony to the other and check/open the doors - real smart fella's ya - darn)

1 comment:

etceteramommy said...

Jaden must be syiok la.. Fresh nen nen wor.. :P