Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kiddo learning Mandarin

And how does the mama teach the boy to do homework leh?

....by using the Electronic Dictionary loh....


I have forgotten most of the chinese characters I learned in tuition class when I was a little girl, but thank goodness, I still remember some basics, like the 4 sounds and some strokes. But I can't recognise most of the characters now and since Ryan is learning the 100 basic characters (and beyond), I guess it's time for me to invest in an electronic dictionary.
Easy...when I do not know the character, I just scribble the character on the screen and the dictionary will find the character for me plus the meaning in English. Also, I can choose to hear the pronunciation of the character. I have yet to explore the many functionalities of the gadget which also provides Malay translation, idioms, synonyms, penjodoh bilangan, etc. etc....
At least, with this, I can teach my little guy to do homework now :)

4 comments:

etceteramommy said...

This sure comes handy! What brand is the dictionary? How much is it?

Krystal said...

The brand is Besta, and is available at Popular and MPH. The one I bought is approx RM1200, without screen protector.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i was going to ask you where u bought the dictionary. 1200? expensive lah :D

LittleLamb said...

mummy n kids can learn together-gether lo...n u can improve soon...