Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Clash of Elections with Australia Trip

Hmmm....I haven't been updating this blog for soooooooo long now and hubby had not been helping either, altho' this blog is theoretically his :(

Don't know where to start...so many things have happened these past few months. Elections came and gone but we were not around to vote this time round. Our trip to Brisbane were pre-planned since last year and ticket paid up before the polling day was announced. As much as papa would love to vote for the Opposition, mama, however, would be torn between voting for BN or BR, else be labeled a traitor. You see, I came from a family whose father is heavily involved in politics (BN) for as long as I can remember and voting for Opp would be akin to going to Pavilion KL, the very land that my school used to be.

But I guess times have changed and people need to move on in their life. I'm glad that the people have spoken and elected their representatives in Parliament. I can say this partly because my dad has retired from politics :p. In fact, my dad was rather relaxed when we called home (from Brisbane) on polling day and even tho' the counting of votes has not completed at Batu constituency (my brother was contesting there), my dad left to play mahjong. As he put it...'Phew, I'm glad I missed the tsunami :)'

And as to our Brisbane/Gold Coast trip (6th - 15th March), we truly had a fantastic-a time there! The boys were totally knackered by the end of the 10-day trip and Ryan lamented that he wanted to return to home sweet home :)

To update more on the Australia Trip in the next entry...

2 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Bila is your next entry la??? Blehhh... *waiting waiting*

jazzmint said...

AIKS...u from BB as well?? Gosh I miss our school so much.

btw, I came over from Yvonne's site, and I think I do know you. Ex-AA rite :)