Thursday, June 07, 2007

Books for Ryan and Jaden

For the last few days, I've been surfing the Internet for good books to be added to the boys' current library. I try to read books to them, as much as I could (but sometimes lazy oso lah) before they go to sleep.
I like this particular website which offers award-winning books at lower prices (at least when I compared them to Borders or MPH). And now they're having a Member's Appreciation Sale, so more discount. I'm rather thrilled with my purchases and I can't wait for the books to arrive next week, hopefully :)
Below are my purchases and the books' award(s):
1. Harold and the Purple Crayon - 100 Picture Books Everyone Should Know
2. Madeline's Book Collection
  • Madeline's Rescue (Caldecott Award 1954)
  • Madeline (Caldecott Honor Book)
  • Madeline in London
  • Madeline and the Bad Hat
3. The Smartest Giant in Town - 2003 Red House Children's Book Award
4. The Gruffalo - 1999 Nestlé Smarties Book Prize Gold Award, 2000 Nottingham/Experian Children's Book award, 2000 Blue Peter Best Book To Read Aloud award
5. Julius the Baby of the World - An ALA Notable Book, A Horn Book Fanfare Book, An ALA Booklist Editors' Choice
6. Where the Wild Things Are - Winner of the Caldecott Medal (1964), 100 Picture Books Everyone Should Know
7. Officer Buckle and Gloria - Winner of the Caldecott Medal (1996)
8. Monique Felix Wordless Book - Bratislava Golden Apple Award and the Octogone Prize from the International Center of Children's Literature in France
Ok, mama will read more to Ryan and Jaden at nite :)

No comments: